How to Set Up a Metric in KPI Fire
- Data Input Frequency
- Data Input Method
- Pareto List
- Metric Update Reminder
- View Type
- Data Mode
- Date Range
- Actual, Target, Begin Green Zone, Begin Yellow Zone, Begin Red Zone
Data Input Frequency
Select an input frequency that best matches how often the data will be recorded. Metrics require the same input frequency when creating parent/submetric relationships in order to enable data roll-up. View type options are limited by the frequency input; cannot select a view type smaller than the input frequency.
- Hourly: 24 entries per day
- Daily: 28-31 entries per month
- Weekly: 52-53 entries per year
- Monthly: 12 entries per year
- Quarterly: 4 entries per year
- Yearly: 1 entry per year
The data table will adjust based on the input frequency selected in order to enter data. To view the data in different intervals toggle the view type.
Data Input Method
Link a metric from the Actions dropdown- Add/Edit Metric. The metric open can be converted into a parent metric that takes its data from linked sub metrics using the data input method options.
Note: In order to roll-up sub metric data, all metrics must have the same data input frequency.
- Sum sub metric data
- Average sub metric data
- Do not use sub metric data
Choose an existing Pareto list to enable reason code selection in the data table. Pareto lists can be created and managed from the settings area.
Metric Update Reminder
Check “Remind Me” to show this metric on the user’s daily update page when the metric due date has arrived or is past due.
- Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly, 5 Year
Select a view type to toggle how the data is displayed in the charts and data tabs. Data is only editable when the view type selected is the same as the data input frequency. View types are limited by the input frequency of the metric; example: a monthly input frequency cannot be displayed in a daily view.
- Sum (Through current period), Sum (All periods), Average, Most Recent
The data mode affects calculations represented in the charts tab and how data will roll-up if the view type is larger than the input frequency.
- Toggles the data being displayed for the metric based on the date selected
Status color for data is determined by direction selection.
Example: Actual 50, Target 100
- > Bigger is Better: Status = Red
- < Smaller is Better: Status = Green
- # Number, % Percentage, $ Currency
Formatting will affect how the metric’s data is displayed in the data table, charts, and all views.
- Actual – real values that are recorded
- Target – forecasted value that is calculated against the actual to determine % of totals
- Begin Green Zone, Begin Yellow Zone, Begin Red Zone – begin zone values are used to set ranges for the three zones of status color indicators
Note: If only red/green indicators are desired, then only use the actual and target values
More Information on Metrics: